Monday 2 April 2012

I love my autie

I spend a lot of time talking about when life is difficult or when things go wrong, and I spend far too much time talking about my failed attempts to toilet-train my little boy. So as it's World Autism Day I thought it would be nice to talk about the good things, and why I love my little autie.

I love the way he jumps up and down and flaps when he's excited
I love the way he is bold and brave and will try anything physical
I love the way he can say simple sentences now and sometimes even 'please' and 'thank you'.
I love the fact that he's happy and learning at school
I love the way he throws his arms round me and shouts "Mummy!" when he's happy
I love the way he's brilliant at puzzles
I love the way he takes pride in being able to write his name
I love the fact he's made me see the world from a different angle

In short I love my little monkey, who has autism and epilepsy and severe learning difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment